Sunday 25 May 2014

Sing Out

Beloved, sometimes your heart is hard towards Me. Part of you blames Me for the many difficulties you are faced with recently. The enemy has rallied another warrior against you - resentment. Resentment has joined forces with self-pity, fear and despair. 

He whispers lies to your heart about Me: "Your God could change your circumstances in the blink of an eye, so why doesn't He, if He loves you so much?"

O dear one - listen to Me! I share your tears and your heartache over the challenges that you perceive as "big", as well as over the "small" but incredibly frustrating daily battles. I know they seem so very unnecessary to you, Beloved. 

My Precious, are you willing to trust Me even through this? Are you willing to let go of every shred of self-reliance and trust Me with you whole heart? When resentment bombards you with lies, close your ears and run to Me. Drown out his voice by singing of My Love. Drown out self-pity by singing praise to Me. Sing out with your whole heart. Sing of My Strength until you really sense it. Sing as though your life depended on it! 

"They return at evening, snarling like dogs, and prowl around the city. They wander about for food and howl if not satisfied. But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. O my Strength, I sing praise to you; you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God." Psalm 59:14-17

No comments:

Post a Comment